⏰ Prep minutes 30 minutes
👶🏻 Suitable from 6 months
🌱 Vegetarian • Vegan option
❄️ Store in the fridge for a couple of days, reheat in a pan or microwave before serving
These delicious Chickpeas balls are fantastic for babies, toddlers, and adults too. Healthy and full of flavour these protein-packed finger food are simple to make and ready in less than 30 minutes!
1 can chickpeas (240g)
1 medium carrot, peeled & grated (approximately 90-100g)
50g grated Parmesan (or 1 tbsp nutritional yeast)
2 slices of bread (I used brown bread)
Handful fresh parsley
1 tsp dry oregano
cheddar cheese, block or mozzarella - cut into small cubes (optional) turning halfway through until cooked through
80g bread crumbs
pinch of salt
olive oil for cooking
1. Place the chickpeas, oregano and parsley in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
2. Wet the bread slices into the water, and squeeze out as much of the water as possible.
3. Add it and all the rest of the ingredients (apart of the cheese cubes) and pulse until combined.
4. Pick up a tablespoon sized ball of chickpeas mixture and flatten into a small pancake.
5. Place a cube of cheese in the center and wrap the chickpeas mixture around the cheese. Repeat.
6. In a non sticky pan heat a bit of olive oil over medium heat.
7. Fry the balls in batches until browned on all sides.
8. Transfer fried balls to paper towels to drain excess oil.
9. OR You can cook them in the oven for a light dinner at 180°C for about 20-25 minutes or until crispy and golden, turning halfway through until cooked through.
10. Enjoy warm